Saturday, December 24, 2011

BEACH TRIP!!!

*DISCLAIMER - I KNOW I AM REALLY BEHIND, BUT I AM JUST GOING TO PUT UP PICTURES LIKE I WASN'T SIX MONTHS BEHIND, SO YOU CAN STILL ENJOY LOOKING AT THEM. I AM REALLY GOING TO TRY AND UPDATE OUR BLOG OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS. LOVE, The Bane Fam*

Last month, we got to take a trip down to Seagrove (which is near Destin) Florida for five days at the beach!  The girls have only been one other time to the beach, and that was to Hilton Head over Thanksgiving.  So this was their first summer beach trip.  We were all ready for a vacation.  We got a condo with Laura, Justin, girls, and Joel's mom, Mimi  :o)  We were excited for the girls to play together, dig in the sand, catch crabs at night, splash in the pool, and just have FUN!  The girls liked the beach, but they LOVED the pool!  So we spent half the day at each, and just soaked up all the fun and memories.  During nap time, the adults would go back down to the beach to soak up some rays, do some reading, and the boys would go out and get in the ocean and brave the really high waves.  We ate out most nights and even discovered the local creamery with very delicious (and very expensive) ice cream and yogurt.  Oh well, no rules on vacation!  We really enjoyed our time, watching the girls play and also relaxing and not having to worry about any thing but a sun burn  :0)  ha ha ha - It was such a great trip!  

The sun glistening on the water and our beautiful daughter

She was a little hesitant at first, but once she warmed up, she LOVED it!

Feeling the sand between her toes and fingers  :)

The waves are getting me!  :o)

Super excited to be at the beach!
WooHoo!!!


Digging a hole in the sand

Natalie loved it when Daddy took her out in her float to ride the waves!
Natalie is ready to go down to the beach!

So is Kennedy!

Natalie hitched a ride on Daddy's shoulders as we walked to an Italian restaurant

The cousins singing "Ring Around the Rosie"
The cousins watching Max & Ruby and being silly  ;o)
Our little artist

Painting Strawberry Shortcake

I love that little face!
Ken making a sand castle

  
Natalie filling up the big bucket!

Caroline is helping Kennedy "listen" to the sea inside of the shell

I love this - Caroline is explaining how it works to Kennedy  :)
  
Such a super fun trip, I can't wait to do it again next year!!!

No comments:


Us at Thanksgiving

All smiles on the Big Day




Faith never knows where it is being led, but it knows and loves the One who is leading. ~Oswald Chambers