Sunday, February 1, 2009

What's happening at the Bane house

Things are going great with the four of us! This past week I got to have a "Girls Night Out" with some ladies from church - dinner at Demos and then over to the Ryman to see Christian comedian Chonda Pierce. I had never heard of her before and didn't really know what to expect, but seriously, she was hysterical!!! I needed to just get out and have a good time, and we laughed a lot! And yes, Joel kept the girls all by himself, which some of you think he should with ease, but it is NOT easy to keep six week old twins by yourself for five hours and to do one, maybe two feedings. It's even hard for me to do, but thankfully Natalie & Kennedy were good for daddy and mommy was able to enjoy her night out and not worry a bit. Here is a picture of the scene as I got ready to walk out the door -

Joel feeding the girls

We also had 60 degree weather today, so Joel & I decided to take the girls on their first walk outside around the neighborhood. Oh, and we took our dogs, Jacob & Hilton, who have been slightly neglected. It was so fun!

Joel walked the dogs, and I pushed the girls in their stroller

Natalie slept through it

Kennedy was awake and enjoyed it

The girls in their angel nightgowns
(and they even slept like little angels last night... yay!!!)
K on left, N on right


Me holding both my girls

close up
Kennedy saying, "Please, no more pictures!"

Natalie sleeping in the boppy


happy together
N on left, K on right
(can you tell them apart yet?!?!?)


awww, so cute!


Aunt Laura stopped by for a visit this week
We also got to go to church this morning for the first time. It was Natalie & Kennedy's debut at New Hope! People loved checking them out and commenting on how pretty they are. We told the girls last night if they wanted us to go to church, they had to sleep good and have a good night, and they really did! Probably their best night so far... I'm afraid to actually say that cause the next few nights will be horrible, but N & K did so great! And church was awesome, I'm so glad we got to go :o)

3 comments:

josh and darci said...

They look so big already!! They must be good eaters! I think they're looking even more alike. Hope that things are going well. Heather said that she had a great time visiting with you a few weeks ago! Would love to see those sweeties in person sometime!

laura said...

i love my girls. can't wait to spend some more time with them, and you guys! we love you!

Stacy Head said...

Way to go Joel!! 5 hours...that's awesome :) You so deserved a break Joanna. Glad they slept better. The pics are just precious...enjoy this time all you can. Take care! Sending you lots of love!


Us at Thanksgiving

All smiles on the Big Day




Faith never knows where it is being led, but it knows and loves the One who is leading. ~Oswald Chambers