Thursday, July 30, 2009

Dedication

Well, this post is a little late, but hey - I'm a busy momma! Better late than never, that's my new motto 8-) Anyway, Joel & I had the girls dedication on June 14, in front of family and friends. It was a very special day, and we wanted to publicly announce that our sweet miracles belong to the Lord. This was something we knew before we even met Natalie or Kennedy... Joel & I knew they already belonged to the Lord and were His. We are so thankful that He has allowed us to take care of them for a little while.
We were so happy that many people special and close to us could attend - my parents and sister, my godparents, my two god sisters and their families, my dear friend Brooke, Joel's parents, his sister and her family, his great aunt & uncle, and close family friends Shane, Hillary, and his two children. Plus our new friend Mrs. Lynn, who comes and cleans my house every once in a while and also loves our girls! It was a truly great day and we all gathered together at Sportsman's Lodge to celebrate afterward. I wish, wish, wish I had gotten more pictures of our family or the girls in their dresses (hand-made by Mimi, with their names stitched inside the hem) Which is kind of why I had delayed writing this post because I had hoped to get more pictures of N & K in their beautiful gowns! Oh well. And thanks to Geta who took lots of pictures during the dedication ceremony.
Mrs Lynn holding Natalie, who fell asleep just like this!
Austin Ridderhoff holding Natalie, Brooke Palmer holding Kennedy, and the three Ridderhoff girls!

My god sister Elisabeth holding a sleeping Kennedy (love her face and those lips!)


Our little family



In front of the congregation at New Hope Community Church


Grandad talking to us

1 comment:

Stacy Head said...

Wow, such a happy and blessed occasion. The dresses were soo pretty. You're right, all our little children are truly His alone. They have been entrusted unto our care...what an awesome responsibility and how blessed we are. Hope you're doing good (and the girls and Joel, too!)


Us at Thanksgiving

All smiles on the Big Day




Faith never knows where it is being led, but it knows and loves the One who is leading. ~Oswald Chambers