Saturday afternoon, we celebrated Natalie and Kennedy's first year with our family. We decided not to do anything big, but just wanted our families around us, so we gathered at Mimi and
Grandad's house and had a sweet little party. Joel's grandparents were also there, so that was very special as well! The girls wore pink
tu-
tus and bibs that Mimi embroidered with a cupcake and their name. My parents were not able to travel due to my mom's recent hip replacement surgery, so we plan to go down to Georgia next weekend, and will celebrate Christmas and birthdays with them.
As I wrote in the Birthdays post, Natalie Joy & Kennedy Faith have been one of the greatest joys in our lives! We are amazed watching them grow and learn every day and love being their mama and
dada. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, sweet daughters!
Family picture

Caroline helping open presents :)
Yay, we like it!
Ooooh, what could it be?!?

Mama and Kennedy

the girls definitely enjoyed their cupcakes, but didn't get
nearly as messy
as I expected!

this picture reminds me of my Pappy - with the pointed finger
Mmm, chocolate!

Oh boy, I like this stuff!


Daddy and Natalie

Ken and Auntie Em

Showing the Christmas tree to Kennedy

Mama and
NatbugKennedy looking at her books

Check out the bib my Mimi made me!
Trying to get a good pic of her in the
tu-
tu... she just wanted to jump off the bed!

Monkey face cupcakes

Birthday Princess balloon and hat


the table and decorations

I have to give 100% credit to Joel for making these cupcakes -
he did an incredible job and they turned out super cute!!!

the Birthday mug that I grew up with
When it was your birthday, you got to drink out of this all day

I am carrying on the tradition of birthday mugs
These were given to me by my
god sister,
Christy, and I love them!


the Birthday plate I made a few years ago to keep with the tradition of all things birthday on your Birthday!
3 comments:
it was so much fun! happy birthday girls, big 1 year olds! love you. oh, and your bday plate is way cuter than the one i made!
so cute! I'm stealing your tutus idea for Morgan's first!!!
Happy birthday girls! How is your job, Jo?
LaLa Linger.
p.s. how funny that the only ones who posted are Laura, Laurel and Lauren :)
Post a Comment