Saturday, December 6, 2008

34 week belly shot

Well, we have actually made it to a whopping 34 weeks! I cannot believe meeting our girls is right around the corner... We packed our hospital bag today, and I guess we're ready to go should things kick into high gear. I went to the doctor on Wednesday, and found out that the girls weigh 4 lbs each (yay!) and mommy is 50% effaced. Not that it means I'm going to have the girls next week, but the doctor did say there was a lot of pressure on my cervix (YES there is!) Everything looks great with the babies, the ultrasound tech said I was made to have twins! I am so, so thankful that we've made it this far. If they were born tomorrow, they'd be just fine. Of course, I'd rather them stay inside just a tad bit longer, put on a few more ounces, and have strong lungs. I still feel them move or kick from time to time, and Natalie has the hiccups a lot! The nursery is pretty much finished and Joel & I are anticipating meeting our daughters real soon. Both girls are still breech, so a c-section is in my future. I am definitely comfortable with that, it seems a little simpler and more predictable, especially for twins. Sooo, that's all for now, please say some prayers for the delivery day, the nurses, that the baby will be strong enough to go home with us after 3 days, and that mommy & daddy will have peace about our new role as parents. Thank you dearly...

Joel & I on our date last night to Macaroni Grill, one of my favorites!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Joanna! Your belly is amazing . . . I guess I didn't realize I would ever see your belly stretch like that! :-) You look absolutely beautiful, my dear friend . . . absolutely beautiful! much love and grace from the Father to you all! ~Bonnie.

Anonymous said...

Hey Joanna! You look great. When I was 50% effaced with the first baby, I had him the next day so I am thinking you will be going soon. Yay! Our prayers are with you. Love from across the ocean! Love, Elisabeth

Stacy Head said...

Can't wait to meet those little girls :) We will definitely have you in our prayers that everything will go smoothly. I hope that you're comfortable (well, as comfortable as you can be with two little girls kicking your insides out...lol!) Lots of love, Stacy

laura said...

it won't be long!!!!!!!!!!!! i can't believe my neices are going to be here within a matter of days or weeks!!! love you

Purifoy Family said...

yeah!! What a blessing it truly is that you've made it this far. You look great. Can't wait to meet the girls!
Oh, and I'm embarrassed that I still have your baby shower gift!!

Anonymous said...

Joanna! Wow you're changing a lot now from week to week, and probably the next update we'll hear is that "THEY'RE HERE!" You and the girls are in my daily prayers!
I love you so much friend! Maurie

Lauren said...

You look great! Can't wait to see those girls!!

Jenny Beth said...

We are so excited for you guys. The time is almost here. You are going to love,love,love motherhood. We have you and Joel in our prayers for a safe and healthy delivery. Love and hugs.


Us at Thanksgiving

All smiles on the Big Day




Faith never knows where it is being led, but it knows and loves the One who is leading. ~Oswald Chambers