Well, I am thankful to have avoided it for this long, but friends, I have been put on bed rest... modified bed rest, which means I can get up to grab a drink, move from one room to the other, take a shower, etc. When I went to Dr. Yu on Wednesday, my blood pressure was higher than usual and I had some swelling. Being this close to full term for twins, she wanted to check things out a bit more, so she sent me next door to the Women's Hospital. Same place I visited when we were in the car accident, so Joel & I did have moments of deja vu. Fortunately, they just monitored my blood pressure for about an hour and a half, and it went back to a lower, normal BP. After consulting with the doctor, she suggested that I should go ahead and stop working and put me on bed rest. So here I am. Home sweet home. In a way, I am glad, because I was really getting tired at work and ready to be home. But now that I am home, I can't do anything! Oh well :o) I see this as a gift to the girls, as the longer they can stay inside, the better they will do outside the womb. They are looking great and still moving around. We went back to the doctor today, and my BP was back to normal, so guess the bed rest is working. Joel has been SO wonderful, doing most everything around the house. I am incredibly grateful for his servant heart. He is the best husband!!!
We go back to Dr. Yu on Wednesday, and she will go ahead and schedule our c-section. Pretty exciting, we've got maybe a week or two at the most... wow! Hopefully the babies will be close to 5 pounds by then, and might even bypass the NICU. That would be awesome! But God knows how it is all going to work out and we are trusting him. He's been so good to us.
So, that's our latest news. Just enjoying these moments of rest and being together, and looking forward to meeting our daughters... I will keep you all updated. We might get our Christmas gifts early... Love & Blessings!
Friday, December 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Us at Thanksgiving
All smiles on the Big Day
Faith never knows where it is being led, but it knows and loves the One who is leading. ~Oswald Chambers

8 comments:
I SO wish that I could come and visit you in your bed and talk, talk, talk....
I am thankful that Joel is serving you like he is and that you can have some time to rest. It's hard to believe they will be here so soon! I can't wait to meet them and to see you again, for crying out loud!
Hang in there, sister...miss you!
Take this time to enjoy these moments with Joel and to enjoy the peace and quiet. It won't be long before Natalie and Kennedy get here and life will get CRAZY ~ a good crazy though :) You are definitely in our prayers and I certainly hope that you'll be as fortunate as us to bypass NICU, too. Again, you're in our prayers!
Joanna,
I have been and will continue to pray for these sweet baby girls! Rest Up! What a fun Christmas present:)
Kristen Parker
Keep us posted!!
Wow - this really is the final countdown! Martin and I are thinking of y'all. Can't wait to hear that your girls have made it into the world safely and healthy! Make the most of this restful time~
Love, Laurel
Awh! Well at least your at home all cozy and out of this cold weather. Enjoy it and just take the time for yourself, you have made it longer than anyone I know with twins. My girlfriend Lyndsay, was on complete bedrest 2 months before. So your doing awesome. Your in my prayers and I'm so glad Joel is being such a great husband. We are so blessed to have such wonderful husbands. I'll check in with you later. Love ya! Angie Baker
Yeah! You're almost there! I can't believe how well you've done carrying twins. You're such a tiny thing to have carried them so long!!! They will do great and I am so excited to see pictures.
Praying for you all from Germany! Looking forward to hearing good news of a healthy delivery. I really am amazed that your small self has made it this long, working all this way with twins! And to know they are almost 5 pounds is incredible as well and a gift from God. They will be so much healthier with every day they stay in the oven. Read some good books and get as much rest as possible. It won't be long!
Much love from us all! We will be glad to be back in TN and meet those two girls in the summer.
Elisabeth for all
Post a Comment