Sunday, March 22, 2009

Three Months Old!

Sorry for the lack in posting, I just don't have much time! When I get home, it's all about Joel and the girls and trying to fix dinner, take a shower, and get bottles ready for the next day. I don't have time for much else. But we are obviously still taking pictures of our baby girls, as you will see below. They turned three months old on St. Patrick's Day, and are doing fabulous! We have gone on a few walks with them in the Baby Bjorns, which has been so fun for all of us.
I brought the girls to work two times (once to my school and once to my agency's main office for Family Day) Everyone loved meeting them! Kennedy seems like the social butterfly right now, and woke up immediately and was the one who got passed around and held most of the time. Natalie stayed sound asleep in her car seat and missed out on all the interaction. Natalie is starting to smile and talk more. The girls are starting to really notice each other more now, and last night we were holding them by each other and Kennedy was smiling and talking to Natalie. Natalie was just staring back at her sister - precious! I know it will just get better the older they get. We usually give them a bath every third day - Kennedy used to scream throughout the whole bath, but about two weeks ago that stopped (thankfully) and although she doesn't seem to love it, she looks around at us with wide eyes and we clean her super fast before she decides she isn't happy. Natalie likes the bath, but is such a wiggle worm and squirms around while we are cleaning her. I love it though how they look and smell after their bath! The girls are doing great at day care and really like their teacher, Ms. AJ. Napping in their beds is still a challenge, but other than that, they are happy and playful and learning lots of new things.
We are all doing quite well and thankful for our time together. I know that everyone says time with children passes so quickly, so I am trying to soak up every minute. Here are a few moments we have enjoyed with our daughters:

Natalie all clean in her bunny towel
Right after her bath

Kennedy waiting while Natalie gets her bath


Me & Natalie in her cool polka dot sunglasses


Natalie in her bonnet


Daddy & Kennedy
K is ready to go with her new sunglasses on!
She looks hilarious, but oh so cute!


Going for a walk earlier this week when it was a perfect 70 degree day



Kennedy trying out the Bumbo seat for the first time
We missed it, but she was smiling a lot! Guess she likes it :o)


Kennedy snoozing on Grandad


Happy in the pack 'n' play


Daddy with Natalie
She loved facing out so she could look around


The whole fam after church



Me & my pretty little ladies


Dressed up for church
N on left, K on right
love that Kennedy has that cute smile on her face


Natalie has found her thumb... we think it's so cute right now, with those
other four fingers over her face

Kennedy's sweet face


Mommy & Ken


Natalie (Little Red Riding Hood)


We stuck her hands in the pockets cause we thought it was funny!


Kennedy being adorable


Natalie looking surprised


Aunt Emily juggling giving both girls a bottle


Natalie


Looking cute in their zebra print "Born to shop" outfits from Mimi

Both fell asleep on the boppy after nursing

Kennedy in her yellow sundress that Aunt Emily got for her
Think she likes it!


Angelic little Natalie in her sundress from Aunt Emily


Natalie & Mommy looking at each other

7 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh Joanna! They are just so precious! I have that same dress for Emma, the last picture of Natalie. Too cute!!

laura said...

yea...always so happy to see more pictures! they are so adorable and i just can't believe how big they have gotten! it will be crazy at our get togethers next year! i recognize that cute little red fleece outfit. love her hands in the pockets! love you guys so much!!

Stacy Head said...

Ok, this is too funny but I also just bought that same dress that Natalie is in for Lauren and Gracyn....don't we all have great tastes :) The pics are adorable...your girls are so precious. I can't wait to meet them in person. Maybe Miss Anna Kate will make her appearance this weekend and we'll get to see them. These times are definitely precious. I think of you often, knowing daily what a struggle it is to juggle working, twins, etc. Just remember to make time for yourself every once in a while...that's how I keep my sanity. Lots of love!

Mimi/Cathy said...

I love my girls! They are getting so big! Love all the pictures.

Anonymous said...

joanna, i love seeing all these pictures. They are growing so much--i can only imagine that you are trying to soak up these moments. It's wonderful that you are trying to be in "today" rather than tomorrow or 5, 10 years down the line. I love seeing you in the pictures, too, and miss you so much!

Abigail and Ansley said...

They are beautiful! Happpy 3 Months!!!

Jennie said...

They are so precious, Joanna! Glad to hear that y'all are doing so well!


Us at Thanksgiving

All smiles on the Big Day




Faith never knows where it is being led, but it knows and loves the One who is leading. ~Oswald Chambers