Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!!!

Well, it was a beautiful Easter Sunday here in Nashville! I didn't want the day to end, it was so perfect. We celebrated Christ, and reflected on the meaning that our Savior is alive, but had died for our sins, to redeem us to the Father. What amazing love! After church, we headed over to Laura & Justin's house. Mims made the best beef tenderloin, and we also had mac 'n' cheese, green bean casserole, scalloped potatoes, and a fruit salad. It was all so yummy! And of course, Natalie & Kennedy got Easter baskets from both sets of grandparents, even though they can't have candy yet! And Joel & I got our own Easter baskets, so we had lots of candy to eat!
We enjoyed the time outside and just relaxed. All the girls looked beautiful and overall, it was a very special day!!!
In other news, both the girls had pink eye AND ear infections over the weekend, so we had to visit Dr. Leeper, who gave us an antibiotic, which neither of the girls likes in the least bit and they fight us over taking it (it's an oral medicine, amoxicillan, I think) Anyway, the pink eye has cleared up (thankfully) and we're on Day 5 of 10 of the antibiotic. Unfortunately, I now have pink eye, so I'm on eye drops for that. Hopefully Joel won't get it. Other than that, we are really doing great! Natalie has really found her voice, and talks up a storm. It is the sweetest sound. Kennedy is really trying to sit up and every time we have her laying back, she works her muscles and tries to sit forward. Both like sitting in their bumbo seat and have tried the jumperoo a few times. They are just starting to grasp stuff, but usually it's not on purpose. They both are so, so sweet and we are enjoying every second!!! We are truly grateful.
Here are a few pics from Easter (I have more and will post them soon) and other random photos... enjoy!!!

Mims with Anna Kate & Natalie
Our family

Kennedy in her monogrammed bloomers

Mommy & her girls


Natalie in her bloomers



Kennedy in her Easter dress
This was my dress when I was a baby!


K smiling at Daddy


Natalie in her Easter dress


Natalie ready for church


Natalie sucking that thumb


Natalie playing on the surf board


Me cuddling with Natalie


Kissing those sweet heads

Mommy holding her sleeping babies
Soon they will be too big to both fit on my chest


Kennedy checking out Daddy

K & N

3 comments:

Laurel said...

I have to tell you that we wore the same dress on Easter Sunday - what fashionable mama's we are:)
The whole family is just beautiful. Let's plan a get-together soon!

Lauren said...

I LOVE their bloomers! How cute!

I found Emma's swimsuits on Ebay. Baby Gap is the only place I have found that carries 0-3 months but they are EXPENSIVE! I bought all 3 of those, plus shipping, for less than 1 at the store. Ebay is addicting.

Briana said...

ok...the monogrammed blooomers were my favorite! So precious! I am glad your Easter was so special! He is Risen!


Us at Thanksgiving

All smiles on the Big Day




Faith never knows where it is being led, but it knows and loves the One who is leading. ~Oswald Chambers