We had another ultrasound and doctors visit today, and everything looks great! Natalie & Kennedy are both lively and healthy and mommy & daddy are so happy! Baby A (not sure which name will go to which baby yet) weighs 1 lb 8 oz and her heart rate was 158 and Baby B weighs 1 lb 5 oz and her heart rate was 157. Yay girls! We are super excited that they are growing well and are perfect. Thank you Jesus! We are very grateful. We did get some ultrasound pictures, but none really turned out too well... we will try and scan them the next time we are at Mimi's house. But believe me, they are precious!
Full term for twins is 36 weeks, which is just three months away - hard to believe! Right now, Baby A is breech, so if she doesn't flip to head down, we will definitely have to deliver them by c-section. But we should know for sure what type of delivery we'll have by 7 months or so, because by then, it will be so cramped in there, the babies are not very likely to change positions. I'd prefer to have them the, um, "other" way, but if a c-section is neccessary, then I will be fine with that. Either way, I get to have two sweet daughters delivered, so I guess I don't mind.
In other news, we are going on a trip to Destin, Florida in two weeks and we cannot wait!!! Warm, sunny, relaxing beach - here we come! And yes, I will probably be the pregnant lady in a bikini with her belly hanging out! :o) We haven't been back to Destin since our honeymoon, and now we're going back for our "babymoon." I know it will be special for me and Joel. And I'm sure the weather will be perfect too. Either way, there is just something calming and peaceful about the ocean and the waves. I am quite certain I'll be enjoying it.
The girls still kick like crazy, I just love it! Joel gets to feel it too, which is really cool. I praise God every day for these two lives. Okay, thanks for checking in with us!
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Us at Thanksgiving
All smiles on the Big Day
Faith never knows where it is being led, but it knows and loves the One who is leading. ~Oswald Chambers

5 comments:
that is so exciting joanna i hope you all have a great time in destin. the kennedys
So fun!! I'm so glad you are doing well!!
So glad to get an update and so glad that those sweet lil' girls are doing so well. I'll be praying that Baby A turns for you :) Lots of love!
I'm so glad that all is well in the belly! ENJOY your beach trip!
your auntie laura loves you girls. i can't wait to feel you kick your momma. caroline can't wait to meet you and play with you!! :) lots of love
Post a Comment