Monday, October 27, 2008

28 weeks & an update

Thanks to each of you who called, emailed, and wrote a message on our blog about last week. We really appreciate your thoughts & prayers! I had a good doctor appointment to follow-up after the accident on Friday, and everything is great, praise God! No concerns, no more contractions (at least I don't think so...) and mommy and babies are just fine. Daddy is good and relieved that all of his girls are okay. I will go to the doctor every two weeks now, so I'm gonna be well taken care of. I needed the two days off from work, to recover and rest.

I attended our church's Women's Retreat last weekend at this beautiful place called Deer Run out in the middle of beauty, peace, and quiet. It was a sweet time and I really needed it. We watched a Beth Moore video, "Living & Loving Well." It was excellent, I highly recommend it!

I am seven months pregnant now, which is truly hard to believe! My belly is definitely still growing, and I still feel pretty good most of the time... I really can't complain. Here are my 28 week belly shots and a picture of what I look like seven months preggo with twins. It's such a miracle!





P.S. Joel & I finally decided on full names for our girls - they are going to be Kennedy Faith and Natalie Joy. I'm sure you can imagine why we picked those middle names, as our journey has required a lot of faith and these girls will certainly bring us a lot of joy!!! Guess we will be meeting our daughters pretty soon! :o)

5 comments:

laura said...

us head's can't wait to meet kennedy faith and natalie joy!! those tiny babies will be here before we know it!

Kate Hollis said...

Joanna, you are just the cutest pregnant person ever! I'm glad everyone is healthy and well!

Anonymous said...

hi there Joanna and Joel. Bonnie just told me to have dad put your blog on my computer, I read it all, so interesting. Glad to be part of your life again. Congratulations on the twins and thank God you are all okay. look forward to seeing more. love momma lura

Laurel said...

you look so cute! glad all is well! I'll see you at your shower this weekend!

Anonymous said...

ok..i am officially the most "out of the loop", "out of the country" friend EVER!! Joanna, all this crazy stuff happening and if i just worked down the hall, I would have been privy to all these details! I am sad I don't just work down the halll from you (in case you didn't know that already). SO, phew!! I am glad you are ok. I am sure that must have been scary. When you started talking about the IV, I started getting hot and sweaty! And not because I live on a trpoical island. You are one brave cookie, girl. And I LOVE the names that you guys picked. It's so fun that the girls will have a story to go with their names. I cannot wait to meet them!! And I can't wait to see you again...for crying out loud!


Us at Thanksgiving

All smiles on the Big Day




Faith never knows where it is being led, but it knows and loves the One who is leading. ~Oswald Chambers