Monday, October 13, 2008

Our second honeymoon!

Joel & I got to take a much needed vacation and "babymoon" to Destin, Florida for five glorious days! It was absolutely perfect and I am so glad we got to go and had such a wonderful time! We soaked in every minute together and Destin was so beautiful! We took lots of walks, chilled out in the beach chairs, threw the frisbee, laid out in the sun, swam in the pool, read, relaxed, and overall made wonderful memories! Oh, I just loved it! We stayed at the Destin Gulfgate, the same place we stayed in for our honeymoon. They are condos right on the beach, and all of them have a balcony that faces the water. Every night we opened the door to the balcony right outside our bedroom and listened to the crashing waves as we fell asleep. Dreamy... here are some photos from our trip. Yes, I was the pregnant woman in the bikini with her belly showing! It definitely got the most sun, I guess because it sticks out so far, and we joked that the girls are going to come out with a sun tan! ha ha ha


look at the glistening water... so pretty!





our date night to dinner and play mini golf and arcade games



view from our balcony


dinner at Pompano Joe's, early sunset

we got to watch the sun go down from the window as we ate dinner



enjoying the cool water



lovely sunset, the view from our 9th floor balcony

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are SOOOO cute in your bikini!! I'm so jealous you played mini golf! I LOVE mini golf!

laura said...

I'm so glad you guys got to go and had an awesome time! The pictures are great! You should take one more relaxing trip to the lake house too before Kennedy and Natalie make their appearance! We cannot wait to meet our new neices and cousins! love you

Anonymous said...

How many swimsuits do you own???

:-)

~The Birthday Girl - Bonnie. :-)

Lauren said...

You are so beautiful! So glad you had fun!!

Kate Hollis said...

You go in your bikini! So cute and what a special time for you and Joel.

Anonymous said...

You look soooo good jo! I can't believe that you're almost 7 months along. You and joely look quite cute!

Anonymous said...

hey girl!
so don't shoot me, cuz I know you're hormonal, but did you realize that you have registered for some of the same things at both Target and BRU? I know you're having twins, but I assure you you don't need 4 mattresses :o)

Purifoy Family said...

I love you're still sporting the 2 piece!! You look great!


Us at Thanksgiving

All smiles on the Big Day




Faith never knows where it is being led, but it knows and loves the One who is leading. ~Oswald Chambers