Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A Letter

Most of you know that I work at an elementary school out in East Nashville. I have been there for six years now (whoa!) and I truly enjoy what I do, mostly because of the children and families I get to work with. I've got one little girl that I always refer to as "my baby" and it's been that way since she was in Kindergarten, and now she is in third grade. Her name is Lazyreia, and she is the second oldest of 8 children (big family!) and just as sweet as she can be. Well, today she comes into my room and hands me this letter she wrote. This is what she said:
Dear Mrs. Joanna,
Thank you for the school supplies. I can't believe you're having twins. Is it hard to name them? I hope it is a boy and a girl so you won't get them mixed up. I can't wait til they come. I bet they are going to be nice and sweet just like you. Were you the first, second, or third or an only child? Sincerely, Lazyreia
P.S. Write me back.

Isn't that just the sweetest??? Those are totally the reasons I do what I do, and I just love little Lazyreia to pieces! Oh, and I am planning on writing her back :o)

2 comments:

Mimi/Cathy said...

Joanna, how precious and what a gift you are to those children. You are a beautiful reflection of God's love! I am so proud of you!! I understand why Lazyreia is 'your baby', she is precious!

Lauren said...

How sweet! I love the P.S. :)

Hope you are doing well and feeling GREAT!


Us at Thanksgiving

All smiles on the Big Day




Faith never knows where it is being led, but it knows and loves the One who is leading. ~Oswald Chambers