If I haven't delivered by 36 weeks (December 19) then my doctor will schedule a c-section for a day or two after Christmas. But more than 60% of twin mommies have them by 36 weeks. So, really, it could happen VERY soon! Their ideal weight would be at least 4 1/2 pounds, and that's what I am praying for, in addition to praying that they will not have to go to the Neonatal Unit.
Joel & I toured the NICU and hospital at Centennial. It honestly put my fears to rest, seeing the small babies and seeing them surviving. We even saw a baby that weighed what our girls weigh right now! That was pretty cool, and really helped us visualize what our girls might look like.
I am definitely getting bigger and finding that sleep is more restless each night. I probably wake up every 2 hours to go potty (sometimes more!) and even now sleeping on my side makes my back ache and finding a comfortable spot to sleep is getting difficult. But I know that just comes with pregnancy. I also have gotten carpal tunnel because of the pregnancy, and just typing this makes my fingertips are numb. I wear braces on both hands/wrists, and they do help. I am so behind on my thank-you notes, but writing even one makes my entire hand numb and tingly! The dr says it should go away once the babies are born.
Well, here are the pictures of my 32 week belly. I really think I grew over the weekend!

My sweet sister Emily bought this dress for me!



8 comments:
You look beautiful Jo, and I am SO excited for you to have these babies! I can't wait to come love on them, and you! I know that you can't wait to see them, and I do hope and pray with you that they are 4.5 lbs and so healthy!
Wow Joanna...you look so great! I can't believe how soon your girls will be here in this world! ENJOY the holiday weekend...your family has much to celebrate and be thankful for!
Lots of love,
Laurel
I am praying for these little girls to be healthy, too! I love imagining them telling each other secrets and already forming their "twin bond". How special!! You do look so great, joanna. cute as always. love you and miss you!
-Briana
i love you baby kennedy and baby natalie, and sis joanna! auntie laura can't wait to hold you :)
love and kisses
I remember at this time last year wondering what was even going to happen with the IVF process! Now you're but weeks away from being the mommy of twins. How miraculous! Just keep on eating, and those girls will be big enough :)
Love that belly shot! My, how all those twin pregnancy memories came flooding back. I was literally about to pop this time last year and it's so hard to believe Lauren and Gracyn will be one in 9 days! You look beautiful and I am sooo glad that everything is going so well. Hang in there...you'll get to sleep comfortably again in just a short while :) Love and hugs! Stacy
You seriously have the cutest pregnant belly I have ever seen...lucky you!! Also, I am SO glad that you guys went ahead and toured the NICU, hopefully you won't have babies there but it is nice to know what to expect just in case!!
You are so beautiful! Love those belly shots. We are so excited to meet your precious girls!!! lots of love, hugs and kisses! Mims
Post a Comment