Monday, November 24, 2008

Preparing the Nursery

With just a few weeks to go, I have been working on getting the girls' nursery ready. My sister came over the past two Saturdays to help me figure out how to arrange the furniture, and also just to help me organize everything. The babies have so much stuff!!! We are incredibly thankful for every single thing, so now we just have to find a place for it. Their room has a nice size closet with built in shelves as well. We've got a small, four drawer dresser and a changing table with two shelves underneath for storage.

A few weeks ago we found a really nice glider with an ottoman - it just had ugly faded blue jean material on it. Thankfully, I have a mother-in-law who loves to sew, and now it looks 100% better, and much more my style. Here's some photos - both Joel & I tried it out and it is super comfortable. I'm sure the girls will like it too!

So I've made pretty good progress in the nursery, and have washed almost everything and neatly folded it and put it away. I know everything won't stay so neat & tidy, but at least for now, it looks perfect. Still need to get the curtains up and hang things on the wall. My parents are bringing up another crib, but for a while I will put Natalie & Kennedy in the same bed anyway. Once the nursery is more put together, I will certainly post pictures!

No comments:


Us at Thanksgiving

All smiles on the Big Day




Faith never knows where it is being led, but it knows and loves the One who is leading. ~Oswald Chambers