Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A Few Things

Well, first of all, today is our 2nd Anniversary, so that is certainly something to celebrate! And they have been two sweet, fun, and adventurous years! Looking forward to many more...

Secondly, I went in to the fertility clinic yesterday, for them to draw blood and check my hormone levels. Increased levels can indicate pregnancy, although not definite. I got a phone call later on in the afternoon to say that my levels were "very good" and that my estrogen level was like 1962, which is really high! So that was certainly good news for us so far. We're still hopeful and prayerful.

And lastly, I have a book that I just HAVE to recommend to you - it's called "The Shack" by William P. Young. It is honestly the BEST book I have ever read. EVER. It's a fiction novel, but I long for it to be true! It's such a beautiful representation of our relationship with God - the Father, Jesus, and Holy Spirit. My friend Briana recommended it to me, and I finally finished it while on bed rest. But seriously, it is so good! It really opens your heart and mind to God and his desire for a relationship with us. That's all I can tell you, you just have to go out and buy it!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Kate Hollis said...

hi joanna. I found your blog through Claire's. Glad to get an update on you as I'm a bunko dropout lately. How exciting for you and Joel. I'll say a prayer for you. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Can you believe it has been two years? I certainly can't believe my two year is next month. That's funny that you mentioned "The Shack" because Brandon and I are reading it together. We are about halfway through the book. I have heard nothing but wonderful things about it. Anyways, glad to hear you are doing well!!
Meaghan

Laurel said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! WOO HOO - go estrogen go!!! That is great news...can't wait to hear what Friday brings!
xoxo,
Laurel


Us at Thanksgiving

All smiles on the Big Day




Faith never knows where it is being led, but it knows and loves the One who is leading. ~Oswald Chambers