Friday, May 2, 2008

Greetings from my bed!

Well, I've jumped on the bandwagon and created a blog! I figured since I'm on bed rest for five days I've got plenty of time to work on one. So here's the beginnings of this new adventure. I also figured we should share our story, our challenges and joys, and any updates on our journey to parenthood! I know I may need to go back a bit for those of you who might not know all about our experiences, but I will save that for another time. But to give you a snapshot, after much preparation and many prayers and a lot of ups and downs along the way, I have just gone through my first round if IVF (in-vitro fertilization), where I had three embryos transferred. Yes 3! That does mean we could have about an 8% chance of triplets and a little over 50% chance of twins. We're just trusting God and waiting with great anticipation.
IVF is obviously a very interesting, involved, and delicate process. At times it has challenged our faith, and through it all has strengthened our faith and reminded us that we are NOT in control! These past few days I have known such peace, been surrounded with a lot of love and support, and much encouragement from family and friends. Thank you all for you thoughts and prayers sent on our behalf! We are humbly grateful. I will be on bed rest one more day (yahoo!) and then on Sunday can finally take a shower (don't know who will be happier about that - me or Joel! ha ha ha) We'll go for our pregnancy test on May 9th! Just a week away. We're hopeful, of course, but we also believe that God knows the desires of our hearts and will work out His will and His perfect time, and it doesn't always look like what we expect, but that it will be for our good and His glory!

6 comments:

laura said...

i am so happy you have decided to blog! yea!! oh, and i want that picture of you and caroline! love you sis

Claire said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Claire said...

Yay, yay, YAY!!! I'm so glad you are blogging. I think so many will be touched by your "journey". Trent and I are praying for you daily. Love you!

Laurel said...

YAY! I will add you to my list of blogs to check weekly! I so enjoy keeping up with friends this way...and I think YOU will really enjoy keeping your own online journal. It is so much fun to go back and read! We are praying for y'all and are so thankful for your friendship!
Love, Laurel

Anonymous said...

Just a note to let you know you are in our prayers. I love your pictures and will enjoy seeing more as your blog continues! Thanks for including us. We look forward to seeing what Thursday brings, no matter the result, knowing that God in His infinite wisdom has a perfect plan for your life. : ) Love from across the ocean, Elisabeth

Lauren said...

Hey Joanna! I found your blog through a commenter on Laura's blog. I am looking forward to keeping up to date on your journey. You know most info I get is through Grandpa Bane and not always reliable. Know that we are praying for you and Joel. We love you guys!

Lauren (and Brian and Ethan)


Us at Thanksgiving

All smiles on the Big Day




Faith never knows where it is being led, but it knows and loves the One who is leading. ~Oswald Chambers